Written By Gracie
One of my favourite things to do in the evening is have a bath. I find it’s the best way to unwind and relax.
I love to put epsom salts in my bath because they have so many health benefits. I particularly like to use them if I have had an intense workout because epsom salt is incredible at relieving muscle pain; Epsom salts main ingredient is magnesium sulphate, which has the ability to extract sodium, phosphorous and nitrogenous toxins from the body.
– Helps raise the magnesium and sulphate levels in your body, which makes it an incredible mineral supplement
– Relaxes the nervous system
– Alleviates aching limbs
– Relieves back and muscle pain as well as cramps
– Cures skin problems
– Treats congestion and colds
– Heals cuts
– Draws toxins from your body
– Helps relieve bloating
– Acts as a stress reliever
– Prevents hardening of arteries and blood clots, which therefore reduces the risk of heart disease and strokes
– The magnesium and sulphate components enhance the production of insulin,which helps prevent diabetes and/or lessen its severity
I tend to buy epsom salts in bulk from online sites like amazon and epsomsalts.co.uk (you can see in the picture below that the bag I buy is huge) because I get through so much of it. It also works out a lot cheaper to buy in bulk because it can be quite pricey when bought in health shops.
I love the stuff, for me the effects are really noticeable. I especially notice a huge difference in my joints and muscles the day after I’ve had an epsom salt bath. Make sure you don’t go crazy and use it every day, once or twice a week is fine. You pour about a mugs worth into your bath and soak in it for 20 minutes.