Written by Sophie
An easy, filling recipe soup when you’re tired and want something nourishing but quickly. It’s really nourishing and literally takes 10 minutes to make.
This recipe is pretty versatile, if you’re a vegetarian or vegan you can replace the chicken with tofu or additional vegetables, and if you want some carbs you can just add some rice or quinoa right at the start and make sure it’s cooked before you serve it up.
Ingredients (serves 1):
- 1 heaped tsp thai green curry paste (I used my homemade paste from this recipe https://squirrelsisters.wordpress.com/2015/05/07/healthy-thai-green-curry/)
- 500 ml stock (I used 200ml of homemade chicken stock and 300ml boiling water – here’s the recipe: https://squirrelsisters.wordpress.com/2015/05/25/whole-poached-chicken-chicken-broth-recipe/)
- 2 tsp tamari sauce
- 1/2 onion
- 1/2 chilli (optional)
- 8-10 mushrooms chopped
- handful of green beans
- 1 chicken breast – ideally already cooked and shredded but no problem if you only have it raw
1) Fry the thai green paste, onion and chilli together in a small milk pan, making sure the onion is coated in the paste. If you are using raw chicken then add this at this point as well and fry until the chicken is sealed before going onto the next step.
2) Add the stock and tamari sauce and cook for 5 minutes to infuse all of the flavours together.
3) Then add the beans and the green beans and simmer for another 5 minutes.
4) Once the beans are cooked then pour into a bowl, top with the chicken and any additional chilli and it’s ready to eat!