Written by Sophie
These are so easy and so healthy! They are completely refined sugar free, vegan and gluten free – made with a few ingredients that I bet you already have in your cupboard!!
Ingredients (for 2)
- 2 apples (I used green but you can use any other kind)
- 1/8 cup (2 tbsp) sultanas (soak in boiling water for 5-10 minutes to clean and soften them)
- 1/8 cup (2 tbsp) coconut sugar
- 1/8 cup (2 tbsp) chopped nuts (optional) – I used flaked almonds which I crushed up with my fingers
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp coconut butter
- 2 tbsp boiling water
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C Fan
- Wash the apple and slice around the core (making sure you go diagonally so that there is a base to the area you’re cutting out) and then dig it out with a spoon
Making sure the sultanas are dry, using a piece of kitchen towel, mix them with the coconut sugar, cinnamon and nuts.
Place the apples in a small dish, separate ramekins or even a muffin case holder and stuff the removed area with the dry mixture, don’t worry if some of it overflows, but make sure each apple has an even amount.
Place 1/2 tsp coconut oil on top of each of the apples.
Pour 1 tbsp boiling water around the apple so that it goes straight into the base of the ramekins (or whatever you are using), then place into the oven for 30 minutes. When they are ready they should be soft with a caramelised top.
Using spoons, place the apples in separate bowls and pour over the liquid to serve. Also delicious with a couple of spoonfuls of natural yoghurt…