Written By Gracie
We all have evenings where we don’t have the patience to cook something that’s fussy or takes ages to prep; especially mid-week when you’re tired, home late and feeling ravenous. So here is an example of what I would make when in that mood… It literally takes maximum 10 mins and is really high in protein (even though it’s meat-free) due to the black bean pasta, hemp pesto and sunflower seeds.
I have been using ‘Explore Asia’ black bean pasta for a while now, but recently discovered the ‘Pro Fusion’ sprouted hemp pesto and I LOVE it. Baby kale is also amazing because it’s SO much easier to eat and less time consuming than normal kale because it’s thin like salad leaves and doesn’t have the thick stalks that you need to remove.
You don’t have to use the exact same products that i’ve used- this post is literally to give you guys inspiration and show you how you can ‘cheat’ (eg. buying pre made pesto) but how it can still be healthy and nutritious.
Ingredients: (serves 1)
- Large handful of ‘Explore Asia’ organic black bean spaghetti (depending on how hungry you are have less or more)
- 2 x heaped tsp ‘Pro Fusion’ sprouted hemp pesto (add more or less depending on taste)
- 2 x Handfuls baby kale
- 1 x Tbsp Sunflower seeds
- A drizzle of Extra virgin olive oil
- A drizzle of balsamic glaze (optional)
1) Put the black bean spaghetti in a pan of boiling water and boil for 5-6 mins
2) While the pasta is boiling get a bowl and pop in the baby kale.
3) In a small frying pan spoon in the sunflower seeds (onto a dry pan- no oil is needed) and toast them until they start to turn slightly brown.
4) Once the spaghetti is ready turn the heat off, drain the water and then in the same pan add the hemp pesto and mix until all the spaghetti is covered. I find that it’s easier to chop the spaghetti up a bit.
5) Pour the spaghetti over the baby kale and then sprinkle over the sunflower seeds.
6) Finish with a drizzle of olive oil and balsamic glaze (if you want).
NB. mix everything together before eating so all the flavours mix.