Written By Gracie
If you have a sweet tooth then this is for you… warm chocolatey porridge. This recipe is great for breakfast because even though it tastes naughty and indulgent it is actually SO good for you and packed full of nutrients that will keep you going throughout the day. For those that can’t handle sweet things for breakfast then this porridge also works really well as an afternoon sweet treat or pudding in the evening.
It’s full of fibre, vitamins, antioxidants… the list of health benefits is endless! It’s also gluten-free, vegan, dairy-free and guilt-free!
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 30g x jumbo oats (gluten-free)
- 1/2 x Cup Almond Milk
- 2 x Tsp Raw cacao powder
- 1 x Large Medjool date (stoned and chopped up)
- sprinkle of almond flakes
1) In a small pan pour in the oats and almond milk and simmer on a medium heat for about 6 minutes until the oats have cooked.
2) Once cooked turn off the heat and add the cacao powder and mix well.
3) Pour into a small bowl and sprinkle over the medjool date pieces and flaked almonds.
***Before eating mix everything together so the sweetness of the medjool dates blends throughout the porridge. Enjoy.***