Written By Gracie
These are pretty much guilt-free; I use normal 70% dark chocolate, which is much better than milk and still has health benefits, including being an antioxidant.
They are naturally high-protein cookies due to the added rice protein powder and other ingredients and egg-free due to the chia seeds (which act as an egg alternative). So overall they are fantastic for you and are a great alternative to the ‘naughty’ chocolate cookies. They really fill you up and satisfy your sugar cravings as well as boosting your energy levels and providing you with essential fats, vitamins, minerals and of course protein.
To find out why protein is so important for you check out a previous blog post of mine: https://squirrelsisters.wordpress.com/2015/01/14/10-reasons-why-protein-is-beneficial-to-your-body/
Ingredients: (Makes 6)
- 50g x Ground almonds
- 45g x Macadamia nuts
- 10g x Chia seeds
- 70g x Dark chocolate (I used Green&Blacks 70%)
- 10g x Rice protein powder
- 2 x Tbsp Maple syrup
- 1/2 x Tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 x Tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
1) Turn the oven on to 180 fan
2) Get your macadamia nuts and crush them up (preferably with a blender so the become ground) leaving some as lumps so you get the nice textures in the cookie.
3) Melt the dark chocolate
3) Pour all ingredients into a bowl and mix until everything has blended
4) Separate the mix into 6 balls, then squash each ball into a cookie shape and place on a baking tray that’s been covered with baking parchment. Use the back of a fork to press them down if it helps you.
5) Bake for 10-12 minutes, keeping an eye on them so they don’t burn.
6) Allow them to cool on a cooling rack then enjoy! 🙂