Written By Gracie
Pesto is one of my favourite sauces/dips! It’s delicious and so easy to make. This recipe is vegan and gluten-free! It’s great because you can do so much with it; mix it with brown rice pasta, spread over salmon or chicken before cooking and mix with things like chickpeas, lentils and beans. The uses are endless and the health benefits of this sauce are great so you can eat as much as you want and still feel virtuous 🙂
Ingredients: (serves 2)
- 50g x Fresh basil (leaves)
- 40g x Pine nut kernals
- 3 x Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil (add more once you’ve started blending depending on how creamy you want it)
- 1 x Garlic clove
- Juice of 1 large lemon (I also like to grate in about 1/4 of the lemons zest to give the pesto a real citrus kick)
- A generous pinch or two of Himalayan salt
- A pinch of black pepper
1) Pop all the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth and creamy. There should be no lumps left.
Ideas for use:
Make a salad as a base then fry chickpeas in some oil then mix the pesto over the chickpeas.