Written By Gracie
Hummus is an extremely nutritious dip and very easy to make. I’ve chosen to make it with lemon and coriander because it makes it more refreshing for the summer months and makes it even better for you! It’s high in fibre, vitamins, protein and is vegan and gluten-free. This is a great dip to have at a BBQ, picnic or to have with your lunch during the week.
If you want to make it for lots of people then just double/triple the quantity of the ingredients listed below. I used my nutribullet to blend all the ingredients but you can use a food processor or handheld as well.
Ingredients: (serves 2)
- 1 x Can of chickpeas (Around 240g once you’ve drained the water they come in)
- 3 x Tbsp tahini
- Juice and zest of 1 large lemon
- Handful of coriander (Stalks and leaves, around 15g)
- 1 x Garlic clove
- 2 x Tsp Ground cumin
- 4 x Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- A few pinches of Himalayan salt (Don’t be shy! You can use normal salt if you don’t have Himalayan)
- A pinch of fresh black pepper
- 5 x Tbsp filtered water (You can add more if the consistency still isn’t creamy once you’ve blended it)
1) Put all the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
2) Spoon this hummus into a little dip bowl, garnish with some coriander leaves and drizzle on a little extra virgin olive oil.
N.B. If you make it in bulk then you can keep any leftovers in a tupperware box in the fridge for about 5 days.
Ways To Use It:
There are many ways to use it, the obvious way is as a dip but an alternative idea is what you see in the picture above. Here I spooned the hummus on top of a fattoush style salad with piri piri chicken. So good!!