Written By Gracie
We’ve been lucky enough to work with Great Food recently and have come up with some recipes using their delicious gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan products that have 100% natural ingredients. For more info on Great Food check out their website: http://www.greatfooduk.com/
I chose to create a dish using the Aromatic Moroccan Koftas (http://www.greatfooduk.com/range/aromatic-moroccan-koftas/) and it was delicious! Packed full of nutrients and goodness that fuels the body!
I love mixing the yogurt into the rice and quinoa as well as using it as a dip for the kebab because all the flavours really compliment each other.
Ingredients: (Serves 2)
- 2 x Great Food aromatic Moroccan koftas
- 1 x Red pepper (chopped into chunks)
- 1 x Courgette/ Zucchini (Sliced into rounds)
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 300g x brown rice/ Quinoa (I used the microwavable brown rice quinoa bags to save time)
- 100g x Pomegranate seeds
The Yogurt Dip:
- 4 x Tbsp Natural yogurt
- 1 x Tbsp Cashew nuts
- 30g x Fresh coriander stalks (save the leaves for garishing)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 x Garlic clove
- Salt and pepper (Himalayan salt if possible)
- Chop each kofta into 3 sections and start to build the skewer using the red pepper and courgette (see pic). Once built, place the skewers on a baking tray, drizzle a little olive oil over the vegetables and place under a pre-heated grill for about 15 minutes. If you have any vegetables leftover then place them on the tray with the skewers to add the dish later.
- While the skewers are grilling make the yogurt dip. Put all ingredients into a blender and pulse until smooth. Pour into a little serving bowl and garnish with a little coriander
- Once the skewers are ready heat your rice then pour onto a large serving plate. Add the pomegranate and some coriander leaves and mix well.
- Place the skewers on top of the rice, along with any extra vegetables, sprinkle a little more coriander over then enjoy.