Written by Sophie
Moroccan Spiced Tuna
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 2 x 150g tuna steaks
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 20g fresh parsley (use coriander if you prefer)
- 2 cloves of garlic
1) Blend the spices, lemon juice, olive oil, parsley & garlic together until you have a smooth sauce.
2) Using about ½ the sauce, marinate the tuna for at least 20 minutes (don’t leave longer than a few hours as the lemon will start to ‘cook’ the tuna)
3) This dish works really well with roasted vegetables including butternut squash. I roast the butternut squash before I make the sauce as it needs slightly longer. Then whilst the tuna is marinating I put the other veg in; I usually do greens so broccoli, asparagus & courgette.
4) Once the tuna has marinated heat up a griddle pan for a couple of minutes so it’s really hot – then sear the tuna for 2-3 minutes on each side so that it’s still a bit pink in the middle.
5) Serve straight away with the remaining sauce over the top of it and a few sprigs of parsley to make it look ‘profesh’ 😉