Written By Gracie
This is so simple to make and so much cheaper and better for you than buying the supermarket granola, which tends to be packed full of sugars. The granola recipe I have come up with was inspired by my mum who makes batches for me and my boyfriend whenever we go and visit, but as she lives in Bath and I live in London it’s not always possible to get more.
I have packed mine full of the best nutritious ingredients; nuts, goji berries, chia seeds, coconut oil etc making it absolutely incredible for you… a superfood breakfast that can get anyone through their day.
300g organic oats
100g pecan nuts (crushed into little chunks)
2 x tbsp sunflower seeds
1 x tbsp brazil nuts
1x tbsp pumpkin seeds
1x tsp ground cinnamon
1x tsp ground ginger
4x tbsp maple syrup
1x heaped tsp coconut oil (melted)
2x tbsp goji berries
1x tbsp chia seeds
2 tbsp sultanas (wash before use)
1) Set the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2) In a mixing bowl add the oats, pecan nuts, sunflower seeds, brazil nuts, pumpkin seeds, maple syrup, cinnamon, ginger and mix together.
3) On a baking tray spoon the coconut oil on and pop in the oven for a minute so it melts.
4) Once melted take out and pour over the mix spreading it out so each grain has space
5) Pop in the oven and cook for 30 ish minutes or until golden brown.
6) Take the mix out of the oven and allow it to cool.
7) Once cooled add the goji berries, chia seeds, sultanas and mix everything together
8) store in an air tight container or jar.
NB: To make it extra healthy have it with almond milk.