Written By Gracie
We had the pleasure of demoing some of our favourite summery recipes this weekend at The Allergy & Free From/ Love Natural Love You show. We were on stage at Nature’s Workshop on Friday & Saturday and demonstrated how simple it is to make delicious and healthy food.
The first recipe we made was overnight oats, which is perfect for on the go. Soaking the oats overnight makes them thick and creamy so this recipe works well for breakfast but we also like it as a dessert because the creaminess makes it feel very indulgent.
* You will need a small mason jar with a lid or a tupperware if you want to take it on the go.
- 80g x Gluten-free oats
- 200 ml Almond milk (or any milk you fancy- we used Ecomill)
- 1 x Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 x Tsp Maple Syrup (this is optional- depending on how much of a sweet tooth you have)
1) Pour all the ingredients starting with the oats into your jar or bowl and mix well
2) Cover with a lid or cling film (if using a bowl) and pop in the fridge overnight.
3) When you’re ready to eat it get your favourite topping (we used Squirrel bars, pomegranates and sunflower seeds) sprinkle them over the top and enjoy!