Written By Gracie
If you’re on a budget and want something healthy and easy then this recipe is for you. It takes no time at all and tastes great. It’s also SO filling and is very versatile, so feel free to add anything else to it.
To make this recipe even quicker, you can just use shop bought pesto otherwise use our ‘creamy pesto’ recipe (which is linked below) if you don’t mind making it from scratch. Homemade is SO much better than shop bought so it’s worth the extra 3 minutes of your time 🙂.
Ingredients: (serves 2)
- 400g x Can of chickpeas (drained and washed thoroughly)
- 2 x Large handfuls of spinach
- 1/2 x Cup of frozen peas
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Pesto (Recipe here: https://squirrelsisters.wordpress.com/2015/07/17/creamy-pesto/ )
- A drizzle of olive oil (for frying)
1) Make the pesto (see link to recipe above)
2) Heat the olive oil in a pan and add the spinach. Fry until wilted.
3) Once wilted, add the chickpeas, frozen peas and fry for a further 4-5 minutes
4) Take off the heat and mix in the pesto, then serve