Written By Gracie
I love making flavoured oil because it is delicious and makes a lovely gift for someone (I made this for a friend of mines birthday recently). I love it drizzled on brown rice pasta and used as a dipping oil for bread (gluten-free if you are intolerant). It also adds a lot of flavour if you use it to fry steaks as well as making any kitchen look pretty!
For this recipe you will need a glass bottle; I used a Kilner 0.55 litre bottle, which you can buy on amazon. If you don’t use a Kilner bottle just make sure it’s a 0.55 litre one.
- 500ml x Extra virgin olive oil (just under 500ml so it doesn’t overflow on the bottle you’ve bought)
- 5 x Sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 3 x Garlic cloves
- 6 x small rocks of Himalayan salt
- Sterilize the glass bottle you will be using by filling it with boiling water and leaving it for about 15 minutes.
- Pour the water out and allow the bottle to dry thoroughly before use
- Once dry add the rosemary, garlic and salt then pour in the olive oil
- Seal the lid then decorate with a label or anything else you may have.
NB. leave the oil for a week or so, turning occasionally. This will allow the flavours to infuse properly.