Written By Gracie
There is a stigma attached to Brussels sprouts but they really aren’t that bad, especially when you roast them! This salad recipe is a delicious, fun and healthy way to use up any leftover sprouts it’s also great if you’re feeling like you’ve over indulged and want something a little lighter.
Serves 1 (double ingredients depending on how many it’s for)
For the Sprouts:
- 100g trimmed baby sprouts (if you can’t find baby ones just chop normal sized ones in half)
- 1tsp olive oil
- Generous pinch of salt and pepper
For the salad:
- Handful of salad leaves
- Small Handful of fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1x Tbsp Pomegranate Seeds
- 1x Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1x Tsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1/4Tsp Dijon Mustard
- Pinch of salt and pepper
1. Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees C.
2. In a small oven proof dish add all the sprouts ingredients (sprouts, olive oil, salt and pepper). Mix so all the sprouts are covered then pop in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until crisp and golden. Once ready leave to cool.
3. To make the dressing add the olive oil, cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper and mix.
4. In a small mixing bowl add the salad leaves, pomegranate, flat leaf parsley and ¾ of the now cooled sprouts with all the dressing and use your hands to mix together so everything is covered.
5. Move to a serving bowl using your hands and then garnish with the rest of the sprouts, a sprinkle of pomegranate seeds and flat leaf parsley.