Written By Gracie
I went to a friend’s house for dinner the other night and needed to bring a side dish that complimented her main, which was slow cooked lamb tagine (Emma if you’re reading this it was AMAZING). I had a look through Instagram to get some inspiration and finally decided on a rainbow Moroccan/Lebanese style salad with a tahini dressing.
My salad is so fresh and full of colour making it perfect for the fast approaching summer. It is also incredibly healthy; gluten-free, wheat free, vegan, vegetarian, low-calorie and low sugar. All the raw vegetables EVEN the dressing are full of goodness that’s beneficial to your health, totally guilt free.
1/2 x Red cabbage (sliced finely using a knife or a food processor)
1/4 x Cucumber (peel the skin and discard, slice in half and scoop out the seeds then chop into small chunks)
1 x Large carrot (peel the skin off. Using the same peeler, peel slices of the carrot into long strips then cut the strips in half)
1 x Celery stick (chopped into small chunks)
1 x Handful baby kale (finely sliced/shredded)
1 x Handful spinach (finely sliced/ shredded)
15-20 x Sundried tomatoes (finely sliced)
1/2 x Bunch of fresh coriander (finely shredded including the stalks)
2 x Tbsp Sesame Seeds
1 x Lime juice
1 x Tsp Tahini paste
5 x Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
1 x Garlic clove (crushed)
1/2 x Tbsp maple syrup
1 x Tsp Finely sliced coriander (including stalks)
Pinch of Himalayan salt
Pinch of black pepper
1) Start by prepping all the salad ingredients (see above for how they should be chopped), which can take a while but worth it.
2) Once all ingredients are prepped pour into a nice serving dish.
3) Sprinkle over the sesame seeds and use your hands to mix everything together.
4) Get a separate jug or pretty small bowl and pour in all the dressing ingredients. Mix/whisk together until everything has blended.
5) If you are serving immediately pour the dressing over and mix well so all vegetables are covered.
N.B. If you are having the salad later in the day wait to pour the dressing on till nearer the time.
* If you have any coriander left over, sprinkle it over the salad as a garnish.