Written By Gracie
This soup is really delicious and very hearty. I love making sweet potato crisps to use as a garnish but if you don’t have time to do that then try sprinkling on some sunflower seeds for an added crunch.
Ingredients: (Serves 2)
For The Soup:
- 2x Sweet Potatoes
- 2x Carrots (peeled and chopped)
- 2x Celery stalks (chopped)
- 1 x Red onion (peeled and chopped)
- 2x Tsp vegetable bouillon powder (use vegetable stock if you don’t have the powder)
- 1x Bouquet garni (herb bag)
- 1/2 x Litre water (boiled)
- 1/2 x Tsp ground cumin
- A generous pinch of Himalayan salt and black pepper
For The Crisps: (Garnishes two bowls)
- 1/2 x Sweet Potato (very finely sliced into crisp shapes)
- Drizzle of olive oil
- A couple of pinches of Himalayan salt
1. Drizzle some olive oil in a pan and once hot add the chopped up sweet potato, carrot, celery and onion. Fry on a low heat until everything has started to softened. Keep mixing it to avoid burning.
2. Add the water, bouillon powder and bouquet garni and bring to the boil. Once boiling reduce the heat and simmer for 30-40 minutes.
3. Take off the heat and add the ground cumin, salt and black pepper.
4. Using a blender or hand-held blend the mix until smooth and creamy.
For The Crisps:
*Heat the oven to 200 degrees C*
1. Finely slice the potato
2. On a foiled baking tray drizzle on some olive oil and sprinkle on some salt and pepper.
3. Throw in the potato, and using your hands mix until all the potato crisps are nicely covered.
4. Pop in the oven for about 15 minutes until crisp. (Keep checking on them so they don’t burn)
5. Once you think they are ready, take them out and place them on a cooling rack. They need to cool down to become properly crisp.