Written By Gracie
I eat a lot of porridge and as I was making it this morning I decided I wanted to try using the oats in a different way. I love pancakes and blueberries so thought I would attempt to make some oat pancakes and they turned out really well so I thought I would share the recipe.
They are egg free, gluten-free and refined sugar-free… 100% vegan!
If you need more than 2 pancakes just double or even triple the ingredients depending on how many servings you are making.
Ingredients: (Serves 1- Makes 2 small pancakes)
- 3 x Heaped Tbsp oats (Preferably gluten-free)
- 4 x Tbsp almond milk
- 1 x Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 x Tsp mixed seeds (optional)
- 1 x Tbsp lemon juice
- drop or two of vanilla extract
- Small pinch of bicarbonate of soda
- 1 x Tsp coconut oil (for frying)
N.B. you will need a blender or hand-held blender to make these.
1) Simply add all the ingredients EXCEPT the blueberries and coconut oil into a blender and blend until smooth.
2) Heat the coconut oil in a frying pan and once hot spoon on the oat mix and fry on a medium heat.
3) Immediately sprinkle the blueberries on the uncooked side of each pancake and lightly press them down so they are secure.
4) After about 3-5 minutes on the first side flip the pancakes over and fry for another 3-5 until the pancake is cooked through and slightly crispy on the outside.
5) Serve onto plates and garnish with some more blueberries and a generous drizzle of maple syrup.