Guest Chef: Susie Morrison (@gourmetglow)
The lovely Susie from @gourmetglow has been busy in the kitchen creating delicious recipes using our Squirrel Sisters bars….
Susie is a chief writer for Healthy Living London and is a clean eating foodie that is currently training at Leiths School of Food & Wine.
Susie has had work experience in one of Heston Blumenthal’s Kitchens, with Frederick Forster at Bounday and soon with Michel Roux Jr in each of his three restaurants in addition to working with Dominic Jack at Castle Terrace in Edinburgh.
Susie’s first creation (we will be posting more recipes from her over the next few weeks) using our Squirrel bars is a coconut cashew chia pudding using our delicious raw coconut cashew bar. Enjoy….
Ingredients (Serves 2):
- 1 x 40g Squirrel Sisters coconut cashew bar (use both sticks in the pack)
- 4 x Tbsp chia seeds
- 2 x Tbsp flaxseeds
- 220ml x Coconut (or any nut) milk
- 1 x Tbsp desiccated coconut (plus extra to top)
- 1 x Tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 x Tbsp coconut syrup (or maple or rice malt)
- Raw cacao nibs
- Coconut chips
- Desiccated coconut
1) Blend the chia and flax to a powder. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until combined, adding more milk if it seems to thick (remember the pudding will set).
2) Pour into glasses and refrigerate for 2-24 hours.
3) Remove and sprinkle with the toppings, and dig in!!!