Written By Gracie
This is so delicious and perfect for cold evenings! It’s also really quick and easy to make so if you’re after something nutritious that isn’t complicated or fussy then give this recipe a go.
- 350g x Leeks (chopped)
- 1 x Cup of frozen peas
- 2 x Tbsp Bouillon powder (you can use vegetable stock if you don’t have bouillon)
- 700ml x water
- 1 x Bouquet garni (this is a bunch of herbs held together in muslin or a tea bag, you can buy it at most supermarkets)
- Drizzle of olive oil (for frying)
- generous pinch of Himalayan salt and pepper
1) Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a heavy large pan then add the leeks and fry (on a low heat) until soft.
2) Once the leeks are soft add the peas, bouillon powder and mix
3) Then immediately add the water and bouquet garni and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes
4) Remove the bouquet garni then blend the soup mix until it becomes smooth and creamy looking (I used a hand-held blender).
Enjoy on its own or if you want to bulk it out add some quinoa/brown rice or even some chicken.