Guest Blogger: Pip (our lovely new team member)
I love hummus! I could eat it for every meal- on toast for breakfast, in a delicious hummus veggie bowl, or simply with crudités. I also love experimenting with different flavours, my favourite is probably beetroot hummus, because it turns it the most brilliant pink colour! But then I realised that chickpeas aren’t paleo… So, here is my recipe for Lemony-Garlic Paleo Hummus.
- 2 small cauliflowers
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ lemon
- 1 tablespoon tahini (make sure you buy a paleo-friendly one, I used Pro-fusion Sprouted tahini which isn’t paleo because it has rapeseed oil in, so make sure you check the label!)
- Olive oil
1) Pre-heat the oven to Fan 160 degrees. Break the cauliflower into florets and put into a baking tray. Drizzle generously with olive oil and season, then mix so it’s all well covered.
2) Pop in the oven for 25 minutes (cover with foil if you think it’s browning too much).
3) Then squash the garlic cloves slightly and add to the tray with the ground cumin, and pop back in the oven for 5-10 minutes, or until the cauliflower is cooked and the garlic is soft.
4) Let it cool, then whizz the cauliflower, garlic cloves, tahini, juice and zest of the lemon and a drizzle of olive oil in a food processor. Blend it for a few minutes so there are no lumps of cauliflower left. You might need to add some water to get it to the consistency you want.
NB. I serve it in a big bowl, perfect for sharing and dipping.