Written By Guest Chef Toral Shah
About Our Guest Writer Toral Shah:
Toral Shah is a nutritional scientist and chef – she has a BSc in Cell Biology from UCL and an MSc in Nutritional Medicine from University of Surrey. Her MSc thesis focussed on the importance of diet and nutrition in the prevention of breast cancer recurrence. She is the founder of healthy food brand, The Urban Kitchen – www.theurbankitchen.co.uk and passionate about real food which is delicious and nutrient dense; using seasonal and quality ingredients and helping people to enjoy incredible food and flavours everyday whilst ensuring that their health is optimised. Toral is now working on her first book explaining the science behind cancer preventing foods and sharing some of her innovative and tasty recipes.
Ingredients (serves 2 or 3 as a snack)
- 50g of porridge oats
- 150g Quark
- 2 eggs
- 1 pack of Squirrel Sisters raspberry ripple snacks
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla paste or extract – I use Little Pod
- 1tsp (8.5g) agave nectar
1) Combine the ingredients together in a bowl and mix well with the stick blender.
2) Heat a non-stick frying pan and heat 1 tsp olive oil in the pan.
3) Make pancakes approx. 7cm – i.e. diameter of a glass and cook for about 2 minutes on each side until fully cooked through.
- 100g raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 tsbp agave syrup
- 1 tbsp boiling water
1) Boil all ingredients together for 5 min until raspberries disintegrate.
2) Allow to cool before serving.