This recipe was inspired by lentil Dahl, which we love.
It’s a weekly staple because it’s so easy to make, so delicious, low cost and has such simple, healthy ingredients that make you feel amazing. The coconut cream adds that extra bit of indulgence. We love making this for friends because it is impressively delicious (who said vegan food was boring!) and also due to how quick and easy it is to make love having it mid-week after work.
- 1 red onion (finely chopped)
- 2x celery sticks (finely chopped)
- 120g red lentils (washed thoroughly before using)
- 3x medium tomatoes (chopped)
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 x tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 x garlic cloves (crushed)
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- 160 ml Coconut Cream
- Handful of fresh spinach chopped
To Garnish : Fresh red chilli and Coriander to garnish
- Heat some olive oil in a pan then add the onion and celery. Fry until soft
- Add the spices (ginger, turmeric, garam masala, coriander), garlic and lentils and fry on a low heat for around 1-2 minutes, continuously mixing.
- Add the vegetable stock and coconut cream and simmer for around 20 minutes (until the lentils are cooked through
- Add the chopped spinach and mix through until it has wilted.
- Serve with fresh red chilli and coriander.