With all this talk of January blues we thought we would share the top 3 ways we treat our health….
How Sophie Treats Her Health:
- Have a bath: I find it really does relax me and helps me sleep well, which sets me up for the next day. I love adding Westlab salts to my bath, they have an amazing range of salts to choose from that make your bath so indulgent.
- Watch something funny: when i’m feel low or a bit flat, something that always cheers me up is a good animal video. I google something like ‘funny golden retrievers’ and you can’t help but smile. Smiling/laughing realises endorphins, which make you feel good and positive.
- Mediate: meditation is something you need to practice and it does take time to have an effect on you but if I do it consistently and regularly it makes me feel much better, calmer and more focussed.
How Gracie Treats Her Health:
- Sweat: I like to go to the gym, put my headphones in and do a HIIT workout to sweat it all out. For me it’s a bit like mediation because it enables me to switch off from the world and have ‘me’ time. It also release endorphins, which make you feel great.
- Get rid of the negative people in your life: surround yourself with positive people that bring out the best in you, support you and make you feel good. Because being healthy is not just about food it’s about everything. Don’t waste your time on people that don’t deserve your time.
- Listen to your body: although it’s good to push yourself it’s also important not to over do it. If you’re tired give yourself a break and don’t feel bad about it.