Written By Gracie
Organic natural products can be very expensive to buy in the shops so if you’re on a budget then this hair and face mask are great for a girly evening when you want a bit of pampering.
The hair mask nourishes and hydrates your locks and honestly makes it so shiny. The face mask softens and hydrates your skin and leaves it feeling and looking radiant.
The base of both these masks is coconut oil. Coconut oil is amazing because it has antibacterial, antifungal, and antimicrobial properties as well as moisturising benefits.
N.B. It can get quite messy so make sure you wrap a towel around you do the oil doesn’t drip anywhere.
The Hair Mask Ingredients: (for someone with long hair)
- 1 x Tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 1 x Tbsp olive oil
1) Put the ingredients into a little bowl and mix until the two oils have blended
2) Take little handfuls of the mask and run through your hair until you have used it all up. Once it’s in your hair massage the oil into your scalp and end of your hair.
3) If your hair is long then tie it in a bun to keep the oil away from your clothes and leave on for a minimum of 1 hour.
The Face Mask Ingredients: (for 1-2 persons)
- 1 x Tsp coconut oil (not melted)
- 1 x Tsp raw honey
1) Put both ingredients into a little bowl and mix until blended
2) Make sure you have cleansed your skin before and removed any foundation then gently rub the mask over your skin. The coconut oil will start to melt and eventually drip so be prepared with a towel around your neck to avoid making a mess. Leave on for about 15 minutes then wash off.
As you can see the hair mask will make your hair look wet and greasy and your skin will look like it’s got drops of water all over it from the oil melting but the results and money savings are worth it! I used Coconut Merchants oil because it’s 100% extra virgin coconut, raw and well priced. A small amount goes a long way!