- 1x Red onion (finely chopped)
- 1x Red chilli (finely chopped)
- 1x Large garlic clove (crushed)
- 500g Passata
- 100ml water
- 2x Tsp Reduced salt vegetable bouillon powder
- 400g Aduki beans (used the canned ones)
- 400g Cannellini beans (use the canned ones)
- Handful of fresh basil (finely chopped & keeping some aside for garnishing)
- Juice of 1/4 of a lemon
- 2x Tsp Smoked paprika
- Generous pinch of Himalayan salt and black pepper
- 1 x Tbsp agave syrup (optional but makes a difference if you aren’t that keen on ultra healthy food. Use maple syrup if you don’t have agave).
Directions: (Serves 4)
1) Start by heating some olive oil in a pan and adding the onion. Fry until translucent.
2) Add the chilli and crushed garlic and fry for a further 1 minute
3) Add the passata, water and bouillon stock powder and mix.
4) Add the cannellini and aduki beans, along with the basil, lemon juice, salt and pepper and agave syrup.
5) Serve into bowls and garnish with some fresh basil leaves.