Written By Gracie
This dish is so easy and take under 30 minutes to make. It’s not your typical curry that leaves you feeling uncomfortably full and heavy; it’s light, fresh and so good for you. I quite happily eat this on it’s own but if you want some carbs then serve it with some brown rice or quinoa.
- 2x Organic free-range chicken breasts (diced into chunks)
- 1 x 400ml (1 can) Coconut milk (I used Coconut Merchant)
- Large handful of Spring Onions (finely sliced. I used a whole 120g pack)
- 2 Garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 x Heaped tsp of Turmeric
- 1 x Tsp cumin
- 1 x Green pepper (chopped into medium chunks
- 1 x Courgette (chopped into thick slices)
- 2 inches fresh ginger (grated)
- 1/2 Chicken stock cube (no water necessary)
- 30g Fresh coriander (including all the stalks. keep some of the leaves for garnishing)
- 200g Frozen peas
- Pinch of celery salt (use normal Himalayan or rock salt if you don’t have this)
- Olive Oil (for frying)
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large pan
- Add the diced chicken and fry until the outside has turned white
- Add the garlic, spring onions, turmeric, cumin and salt and mix
- Add the coconut milk, green pepper and crumble in the stock cube. Bring to the boil and then simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the courgette, peas, coriander and simmer for a further 10 minutes.
- Add the grated fresh ginger mix well and take off the heat.
- Pour into serving bowls and garnish with some fresh coriander and spring onions.