Written By Gracie
I love simple dishes that don’t involve huge amounts of time, effort or ingredients; but do involve lots of delicious flavours and amazing health benefits… that’s why I love this dish.
Aduki Beans are amazing because they are high in nutrients but low in calories. They are full of fibre, vitamin B, iron, zinc and magnesium and help balance the metabolism so perfect for those wanting to lose weight.
This dish is great as a side to pretty much anything; with meat, poured over some brown rice or just on it’s own.
NB. You will need a blender or hand-held for this.
- 400g x Can of aduki beans (drained and washed before using)
- 500g x Passata
- 1 x White onion (finely sliced)
- 2 x Tsp vegetable bouillon stock powder
- 4 x large sundried tomatoes (get the ones that have been in oil, but drain the oil off the ones you use first)
- 1/4 Tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 Tsp dried basil
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- Olive oil (for frying)
1) Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a pan and once hot add the chopped onion. Fry until soft and translucent
2) Once the onion is ready add the bouillon stock, basil, oregano, passata, sundried tomatoes and salt and mix well. Let it bubble away on a low heat for about 10 minutes.
3) Take the pan off the heat and blend the mix until smooth. You can use a hand- held blender or a food processor. Once you’ve blended it pour the mix back into the pan.
4) Add the aduki beans and mix well then heat for a further 5 minutes.
5) Pour into a serving bowl and sprinkle on some finely sliced sundried tomato and a sprinkle of dried basil and oregano.