Packed with a zesty dressing our Asian noodle salad manages to satisfy those taste buds as well as your health as it’s packed full of goodness from all the veggies. Naturally gluten free and suitable for those following a vegan lifestyle.
Ingredients (Serves 2):
- 2 Nests Vermicelli Noodles
- ¼ Red Cabbage, shredded thinly
- 1 Romano Pepper, sliced thinly
- 1 Mini Cucumber, cut into ribbons using a potato peeler
- 2 Carrots, spiralised or cut using a julienne peeler
- 4/5 Radishes, sliced on an angle
- 2 Spring Onions, sliced on an angle
- Bunch of Coriander, for garnish
- Large handful of Cashews
- 3 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Cook vermicelli noodles according to packet instructions, then refresh with cold water and set them down to the side to cool down.
- Chop and prepare all vegetables then add to a large bowl.
- Toast off the cashew nuts in a dry pan until they just start to colour then crush the cashews in a pestle and mortar.
- Mix all the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl and whisk until it comes together – then set aside.
- Once the noodles have cooled, place them into the same bowl as the vegetables and toss all the ingredients together and pour over the dressing.
- Mix together well and rip up the coriander and add to the bowl along with the crushed nuts.
- Plate up into two bowls and serve with a wedge of lime and extra crushed nuts and coriander to garnish.
N.B. For an extra kick top with a protein of your choice or serve alongside other Asian inspired dishes.