Written By Gracie
This is honestly so quick and simple to make. You don’t need special sushi equipment or rolling devices, you just need the ingredients and your hands.
I have made these avocado rolls using QUINOA because it has so many health benefits. Quinoa is a fantastic source of protein as well as being the least allergenic of all the grains so great for people with wheat allergies. Quinoa is high in anti-inflammatory phytonutrients, contributing to the prevention of certain types of disease. Quinoa is naturally high in fibre and contains all 9 essential amino acids, more than any other grain making it the most beneficial to your health.
Ingredients: (Serves 1)
- 60g x Quinoa
- 180g x Cold water (to cook the quinoa in)
- 1 x Sheet of sushi nori dried seaweed
- 1 x Avocado
- 2 x tbsp Tamari soya sauce
1) Wash the quinoa thoroughly then pour it into a pan with the cold water over a medium heat and season well with salt. Cook for around 12-15 minutes checking it regularly incase it needs a drop more water.
2) While the quinoa is cooking chop the avocado into small chunks.
3) Once the quinoa has soaked up all the water and is cooked take it off the heat and pour it into a sieve. To cool it down hold the sieve under the tap and run the cold water over it for a minute or two.
4) Shake the water off and get the quinoa as dry as possible. Spoon the quinoa onto the sushi nori pressing it down so it is flat. Do the same with the avocado.
5) Carefully roll the sushi nori pushing in any bits of avocado or quinoa that attempt to escape. Press firmly so it all sticks together.
6) Once rolled get a very sharp knife and slice into thick rounds. You can make lots of smaller rounds if you prefer.
7) Place all the slices onto a plate and in a separate ramekin or small bowl pour the tamari soya sauce for dipping.