Written by Sophie
This recipe is a warming, light and tasty desert that’s so easy to make. I made it for a mid-week dinner party with some friends and it went down really well! One of my friends is about to get married so it was the perfect dish to keep her sweetly satisfied while being healthy!
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 4 x peaches
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar (optional)
- ½ cup almonds
- ½ cup of coconut sugar
- ½ tbsp coconut oil
*150ml natural yoghurt (or dairy free alternative) to serve*
1. Preheat the oven to 180° C (fan).
2. Cut the peaches into quarters and spread out on a baking tray. Mix the cinnamon and coconut sugar together and sprinkle evenly over the peaches (this can be done in advance if you’re pre-prepping).
3. Put in the oven for 30 minutes. No need to check them throughout this time.
4. Meanwhile, break up the almonds, you can either do this with pure strength and a rolling pin….or I used my nutrininja which only took a couple of seconds (make sure you don’t leave it so that it turns into crumbs – you want it to be chunky!)
5. Next, heat the coconut sugar and coconut oil in a pan on a medium heat so that it melts gently. Mix in the almonds at the end and then pour onto a baking tray (covered in baking parchment) and let it cool.
6. Once the peaches are ready, divide them out so that it’s 4 quarters/person, put some natural yoghurt on the top and then break up the brittle and scatter over the top.