This soup is ideal for the winter months. It has a thick, creamy consistency (without any cream) and is so comforting. It tastes absolutely delicious, is easy to make and it’s so good for you.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 250g Carrots (finely chopped)
- 1 x Red onion (finely chopped)
- 1 x celery stalk (finely chopped)
- 80g Red lentils (washed thoroughly before use)
- 1 x Garlic clove (crushed)
- 600ml Vegetable stock
- 1x Bouquet Garni (if you don’t have this then use 1 bay leaf and a sprinkle of parsley and thyme).
- 1/2 tsp Group Cumin
- Fresh Parsley for garnish
1) Heat some olive oil in a medium sized pan then add the carrots, onion and celery. Fry until soft (ish).
2) Add the washed lentils and garlic and mix well. Fry for another 1 minute mixing continuously
3) Add the stock and Bouquet Garni, mix well then cover with a lid and simmer for about 45 minutes (until the lentils are soft).
4) Add the cumin and a pinch of salt and pepper then pour the mix into a blender and blend until smooth and creamy. If you prefer your soup slightly less thick just add a bit more water.
5) Garnish with fresh parsley.