Written By Gracie
The build up to Christmas always involves lots of parties and social events so if you are hosting anything this year you should try making these delicious almond snacks for your guests. Cinnamon is the classic christmas taste so I have come up with a healthier alternative to a lot of the refined sugary christmas snacks out there.
This does involve coconut oil and coconut sugar but don’t worry if you’re not a fan…. it honestly doesn’t make the almonds taste coconutty at all.
If you are hosting for lots of people then you may want to double or even triple the ingredient quantities.
- 1 x Cup of almonds
- 3 x Tsp coconut oil
- 3 x Tsp coconut sugar
- 3 x Tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1 x levelled tsp Maple Syrup (this is optional depending on how sweet your tooth is)
- Heat the oven to 200 degrees C (fan). Pour the almonds onto a baking tray and place in the heated oven for about 7 minutes.
- While the almonds are heating get a mixing bowl and put all the other ingredients in there (don’t worry about mixing anything at this stage)
- Once the almonds are ready take them out and pour them into the mixing bowl immediately (the heat of the almonds will melt the coconut oil) and mix so everything combines.
- Pour the almonds back onto the baking tray and let them cool. Once slightly cooled pop the tray into the freezer for about 3-5 minutes to speed up the process.
- Once they have been in the freezer pour into a serving bowl and enjoy.