Written by Sophie
We recently got hold of some Coconut Jam and have been having a play with what we can use it for….this turned into coconut-based flapjacks which were delicious!! They are free of refined sugar, full of nutritious coconut and have a rich treacle-like flavour.
So easy and quick (my favourite type of recipe) and perfect as a snack, for breakfast…or as a little treat!
- 150g Rollled/jumbo oats
- 75g Coconut Butter (if you don’t have this you can use normal butter)
- 75g Coconut Sugar
- 2 heaped tbsp Coconut Jam
- 1 large handful of toasted coconut chips, slightly crushed (by hand is fine!)
- 1/4 cup sultanas
Preheat oven to 180°C (fan)
1) Soak the sultanas in hot water.
2) Put the oats, coconut butter, coconut sugar and coconut jam into a food processor…
3) And pulse until well combined, but ensure that the oats still have a good form and aren’t too finely milled.
4) Drain the sultanas and add to the mix along with the tasted coconut chips and combine well.
5) The mixture will look slightly like bread crumbs and won’t be that moist but once everthing starts to heat up in the oven it will stick together well.
6) Pour into a shallow lined tray and level the mix out with your hands.
7) Bake for 15 minutes or until golden on top
Once ready leave on a cooling rack for about 10 minutes, then divide the recipe into 12.