Written By Gracie
This is such a quick and easy dish to make that works really well as a side dish to most main meals. It’s extremely healthy and vibrant in colour and taste.
- 300g Mixed baby tomatoes (I used a mix of yellow, red and red/green. Chopped into different sized chunks)
- 1/4 Red onion (finely chopped)
- 1 x Levelled tbsp balsamic vinegar (the better the quality the better it will taste! I used the ‘Belazu’ brand of balsamic vinegar because it is more like a glaze and absolutely delicious)
- 1.5 x levelled tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 x Inch of garlic paste
- 8 Fresh Basil leaves.
1) Chop the tomatoes and red onions then pop into a bowl and add all the other ingredients. Mix well so all the tomatoes are covered.
2) Pour the tomatoes onto a small serving dish for presentation and enjoy.
N.B. My favourite more indulgent way to enjoy this dish is as a side to a good quality fillet steak with peppercorn sauce.