Written By Gracie
I am obsessed with all italian food and would probably eat pasta everyday if it wasn’t full of calories and bad carbs. So a while ago I switched to Doves Farm organic brown rice pasta and I am hooked.
It is incredible because it looks and tastes just like pasta but isn’t bad for you. The only ingredient is brown rice so it has a lot of health benefits as well; it is gluten and wheat free, high in fibre, full of antioxidants and keeps you fuller for longer because of its slow releasing sugar.
In the sauce the avocado is full of good fats making your skin glow and helping to prevent visible signs of ageing as well as aiding weight loss and lowering cholesterol.
Ingredients (serves 1 person):
- 100g brown rice pasta
- 1 ripe avocado
- The juice of 1/2 a lemon
- large handful of fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 garlic clove
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup of peas
- A couple of basil leave to garnish
1) Start by cooking the pasta in a pan of boiling water with a large pinch of salt. While the pasta is cooking you can get on with the avocado sauce.
2) Put the avocado, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic clove and seasoning in a blender and blend everything together until smooth and creamy.
4) Once the pasta is almost cooked add the peas and cooking for about a minute longer and then drain.
5) In a bowl add the pasta and pour the avocado pesto over and mix until all the pasta is covered and the sauce has heated throughh (you can do this in a pan if you want it hotter but the pasta should heat the avocado.