- 1x cup ground almonds
- 1/2x cup buckwheat flour
- 2x tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 1x tbsp crystallised coconut nectar
- 1/4x cup maple syrup
- 2x bananas (Mashed. Make sure they are very ripe)
- 1/2x cup sultanas (soaked in boiling water for about 5 minutes to clean them, then drained)
- 1/2x tsp ground ginger
- 1/2x tsp ground cinnamon
- Tiny pinch of pink Himalayan salt (use good quality rock salt if you don’t have pink)
- 1/4x tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Sprinkle of flaked almonds (to garnish)
1) Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius
2) In a pan spoon the coconut oil and melt on a gentle heat. Once melted turn the heat off and add the crystallised coconut nectar and mix together. Leave to one side to cool.
3) In a mixing bowl add the almonds, buckwheat flour, ginger, cinnamon, salt, bicarbonate of soda, maple syrup, mashed banana and mix together.
4) Pour the coconut oil with nectar and the sultanas (which you have washed and drained) into the main mixture and stir thoroughly until everything has combined.
5) Grease a loaf baking tray with some more coconut oil and spoon in the mixture making sure it is evenly spread
6) Sprinkle on the flaked almonds and pop in the over for 30-35 minutes, until golden brown on top.