- Aubergine – 2 medium or 1 large
- Courgette – 1 large
- 100g Feta – crumbled
- Optional herbs (I didn’t use on this occasion): Coriander and or mint
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1-1/2 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 1 small shallot or half a small onion
- 3 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- Pinch cayenne; more to taste
1) Slice the aubergines and courgettes up into disks, cover in olive oil, season with salt and pepper and put into the oven for 30-40 minutes at 200°C. I used a spray for the olive oil as I find that aubergines absorb it really quickly so it’s hard to get an even coverage.
2) Whilst these are in the oven, it is really important that you stir these occasionally to ensure that the vegetables at the bottom are getting a chance to be cooked and your final lot of vegetables are all evenly cooked.
3) Whilst they are cooking, prepare the ingredients. Chop the onion or shallot extremely finely, crush the garlic and squeeze around half a lemon. Combine these ingredients with the lemon juice and the olive oil, and leave them to infuse together. Don’t put this in the fridge as the oil will start to solidify and go a bit weird..
4) Once the vegetables are all cooked evenly, get out of the oven and allow to cool.
5) Once they have cooled down completely, add the feta, herbs and start to mix together slowly, pouring over the dressing gradually so all of the vegetables are coated with flavour!