Written by Sophie
As I can’t eat gluten, I am always getting food envy over all sorts of bakery-based items, but these seedy scones are perfect to have in place of a scone or bread roll! They are low-calorie, but made from whole and delicious ingredients….and happen to be very low carb and paleo. They are nicest when they’re straight out of the oven, but if you can’t eat them all at once then you can crisp them up again under the grill. I had them on their own with butter, with avocado and even with a poached egg.
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2 heaped tbsp almond flour
- 2 heaped tbsp coconut flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp mixed herbs spices
- 1 onion
- 2 tbsp Mixed seeds
Heat the oven to 200°c Fan.
1) Chop the onions and dry fry them in a non-stick pan until they are soft and slightly caramelised and set aside.
2) Roughly chop the cauliflower and pulse it in a food processor until it turns into a rice-like consistency.
3) Mix in all of the ingredients except the mixed seeds (so include the onion here) until well combined.
4) Using your hands form them into 4 evenly-sized balls and flatten slightly, then sprinkle over the mixed seeds.
5) Bake in the oven for 30 minutes until they feel firm and have a golden shell.