A fun, healthy and simple Halloween recipe that everyone loves (including kids)…
- 4 x Red or orange Peppers
- 1 x Leek (finely chopped)
- 1 x Red onion (finely chopped)
- 1 x Courgette (chopped into small quarters)
- Basil pesto (to speed thing up you can use a shop bought pesto but if you want to make it from scratch check out our recipe here)
- Green and/or black olives (chopped into quarters)
- Handful of fresh basil (roughly chopped)
- 1 x Red chilli (finely sliced- optional)
- 1 x pack of microwavable rice
- Salt and peper
Pre- heat the oven 180°C fan.
1) Prepare the peppers: cut halloween faces onto each of them (as if you were doing it to a pumpkin) then gently cut off the top of the pepper to use as a lid. Leave to one side.
2) Heat some olive oil in a pan and once hot add the leeks and red onion and fry until soft
3) Add the courgette, chilli and garlic and fry for a couple more minutes.
4) Add the pack of rice (you can use your own rice, but the microwavable packs makes the cooking time much less), the olives, basil pesto, fresh basil and pinch of salt and pepper. Mix together well and then take the pan off the heat.
5) Rub some oil on the peppers then fill each pepper with the rice mix.
6) Pop them in the pre heated oven and cook for about 20-30 minutes (until the peppers have cooked through).