Written by Sophie
These protein packed paleo muffins are light and sweet enough to satisfy that sugar craving without actually containing any added sugars as the sweetness come from the bananas. They are perfect for an on-the-go breakfast or a snack as they are full of goodness and really do fill you up!
The texture is different from your average muffin as they don’t contain any grain flour whatsoever, but they are a perfect alternative for those trying to have a healthier snack that is delicious and full of goodness, especially if you are a paleo lover or trying to keep the carbs down.
They are also very low in calories (around 110) with 4g protein per muffin so guilt free!
- 1/2 c. coconut flour (around 55g)
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 2 (medium-large) bananas, mashed
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- zest and juice of one-two lemons (depending how lemony you want it!)
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil (make sure it’s melted, if it’s solid you can pop it in the microwave for 45 seconds and it should be good to go)
- 1 cup/100g of blueberries (fresh or frozen and thawed)
1) Preheat oven to 200°c. Line a muffin tin with 12 paper liners.
2) Combine the coconut flour, baking soda, sea salt in a bowl.
3) In a separate bowl mix together the mashed banana, eggs, vanilla, lemon juice and zest, and coconut oil.
4) Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, and mix on slow and steadily until combined ensuring there are no lumps.
5) Fold in blueberries, stirring just until incorporated.
6) Divide the mixture between the 12 muffin cases, they will probably be fairly full!
7) Bake 18-20 minutes, or until golden brown and the muffin centers bounce back to the touch.