Written by Sophie
I always love aubergine when I’m eating out so was determined to crack a really simple and delicious aubergine dish. I love miso and after a few attempts cracked the recipe.
Ingredients (serves 4 as a side)
- 2 tbsp Miso paste (we recommend the Clearspring brand)
- 4 tbsp water
- 4 aubergines sliced into disks
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
1) Put the oven on at 180C.
2) Mix the miso paste with the water until you have a smooth consistency
3) Place the aubergines in a roasting tin and cover with the miso ensuring it’s all evenly distributed. Don’t worry if there is some on the base of the roasting tin as it may seem quite watery.
4) Put in the oven and after about 15 minutes take out and spoon over the liquid at the bottom and mix.
5) After another 15 minutes do the same again.
6) Then continue to cook for another 15-30 minutes until the aubergine is really soft. This is really important as when it’s not cooked for long enough the texture will be quite foamy.
7) Once it’s ready, sprinkle the sesame seeds all over and serve.