Ingredients (makes about 12)
- 150g Buckwheat Flour
- 1 tbsp Ground Flax Seed
- Pinch of salt
- 500ml Dairy Free Milk (We used rice, but almond and coconut work just as well)
- 1tbsp Vegetable Oil
- Sieve the buckwheat flour into a medium bowl then add in ground flax seed and salt to a mixing bowl and stir well.
- Whisk in the diary free milk and the vegetable oil and mix to combine. The batter should be a pourable consistency (if the batter is too thin – add some more flour, if too thick add some cold water)
- Heat a non-stick pan over a medium-high heat, brush pan with oil.
- Add ¼ cup full of batter to the pan and tilt to coat the bottom of the pan evenly.
- Cook crepe until it starts to bubble on the top and then turn a golden brown on the bottom, adjust the heat to prevent it sticking and burning. Then flip and let the other side cook for a couple of minutes.
- Repeat with remaining batter; keep the cooked crepes warm in the oven or grill.
- Serve with a filling of your choice – we went with strawberries and peanut butter!
NB. For extra indulgence top with melted chocolate drizzled over the crepes.