If you’ve followed us for a while you will know that we like simple, fuss-free cooking. This pasta dish is so easy and quick to make (15 minutes), requires 5 main ingredients and most importantly tastes amazing as well as being full of goodness.
If you want to try making this at home we have made it very simple for you by linking all the ingredients we use in the list below from Ocado.
Ingredients (serves 2):
- Gluten-free spaghetti, use enough for 2 portions.
- 2 x Courgettes (chopped into 0.5cm chunks)
- 1 x Cup of edamame beans
- 2 x TBSP pine nuts (toasted)
- Large handful of fresh basil (finely chopped)
- Olive oil
- Himalayan salt and pepper to season
- In a pestle and mortar (or a small bowl if you don’t have one) add 4x tbsp of olive oil, the fresh basil (leaving a little bit to use for garnishing at the end) and a pinch of salt and pepper. Bash everything together to release the basil flavours. Leave to one side.
- In a small pan (with no oil) add the pine nuts and gently toast until golden brown (keep an eye on these as they brown within seconds). Once golden brown remove from the heat and leave on the side to use later.
- Get the pasta on the boil (check back of pack for instructions).
- Drizzle some olive oil into a frying pan cover the base of the pan with a pinch of salt and quite a lot of pepper. Once the oil is hot add the Courgette chunks and fry each side until golden brown.
- Once the pasta is 3 minutes from being ready add in the cup of edamame beans and boil until soft.
- Drain the pasta and edamame beans pour back in the now empty pan you used to boil them in and pour over the basil/olive oil mix. Mix well so all the pasta and beans are coated in the oil mix and then serve into two bowls.
- Equally place the courgette over the top of each pasta bowl, sprinkle over the pine nuts and the remaining fresh basil and serve!