Written By Gracie
A simple lunch recipe that you can make for a single serving or make lots of and bring to work in a tupperware the next day. You can mix it up and add some quinoa/brown rice/chickpeas/meat if you want to bulk it up a bit more.
- 1 x Aubergine (chopped into chunks)
- 2 x Large peppers (I used orange and yellow sweet peppers- chopped into chunks)
- Large handful of baby kale
- 1 x Dollop of houmous (You can find some houmous recipes on our blog if you want to make your own or there are lots of great shop options- my favourite is the Waitrose Duchy Organics houmous).
- Drizzle of sundried tomato paste (you can buy this pre made or make it if you have the time- to make it literally blend up some sundried tomatoes- the fresher ones that have been in oil).
- Drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- Generous pinch of himalayan salt and pepper.
1) Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees C
2) On a large baking tray pour on the chopped aubergine and peppers and drizzle over some olive oil and a generous pinch of Himalayan salt and pepper. Pop in the oven and cook for 20-30 mins (until soft and slightly coloured- not burnt) mixing around occasionally.
3) Once ready get a bowl and add the baby kale and roasted vegetables and using you hands mix together
4) Add a dollop of houmous and few drizzles of sundried tomato paste then mix together and enjoy.