Written By Gracie
This dish is ridiculously healthy without compromising on flavour. It’s low in calories and fat, full of nutrients that have a vast list of health benefits and it’s honestly so delicious. This dish is great for any night of the week, especially if you want something quite light. The cauliflower rice means it’s carb free but still gives the same effect that actual rice has on your taste buds.
This dish is suitable for people following the paleo diet and it’s gluten-free.
Ingredients (Serves 1. You can change the quantities if you are making it for more people)
- 1 x sea bass fillet
- 2 x Handfuls of cauliflower heads
- Black pepper
- Coconut oil (for frying)
- Asparagus (optional or you can pick any other veggies that you want)
The Thai Sauce Ingredients:
- Small bunch of fresh coriander (finely chopped, leaves and stalks)
- 1/2 x Red chilli (de-seeded and finely chopped)
- 1 x Lime (the juice of)
- 1 x Tbsp Tamari soya sauce
- 2 x Spring onions (finely chopped)
- 1 x Garlic clove (crushed)
- 1/2 x Tbsp Olive Oil
- Himalayan Salt and black pepper
1) Start by prepping; Get your cauliflower heads and put them in a food processor or blending device and pulse until it resembles grains/crumbs.
2) Get your Thai style sauce ingredients and finely chop
3) Put all the Thai style sauce ingredients into a small bowl and mix well
4) Get two small frying pans over a medium heat, put a tsp of coconut oil in both and let it melt. You can also start cooking your asparagus (or whatever vegetables you chose) at this point in a separate pan. Once the coconut oil is hot add the cauliflower rice to one and the sea bass, (which you should season with black pepper first) flesh side down first to the other.
5) Fry for about 5 mins, stirring the rice and keeping an eye on the fish. After 5 mins (depending on how big your fillet is) turn the sea bass.
6) After 5 minutes you can add the majority of the Thai style sauce to the cauliflower rice, leaving about a tbsp to pour over the fish. Mix the sauce into the cauliflower until all is covered. Continue to fry for a further 2-3 minutes.
7) Start plating up by spooning the cauliflower rice onto a plate first then your vegetable of choice on top. Then place your fish over and spoon the remaining sauce from the fish pan over the top.