Written By Gracie
Classic comfort food with a nutritional twist is always a winner. I absolutely love pasta- I could eat it everyday but it can make me feel really sluggish so I like to mix it up and use Edamame pasta now and again. Edamame pasta makes a great alternative because it’s high in protein and fibre and much lower in carbohydrates than traditional pasta. It is also wheat and gluten free!
This dish is great for comfort food lovers and also a great for kids if you’re trying to up their veg intake in a ‘disguised’ way.
*You will need a blender
- Edamame pasta (we love Liberto)
- 1/2 x Cup of peas
- 2 x Medium vine tomatoes (roughly chopped)
- 4 x garlic cloves (roughly sliced)
- 1 x tsp Dried oregano
- 1x Tbsp Concentrated tomato paste
- 6 x Sundried tomatoes (the ones in oil- drain the oil first)
- Rapeseed oil (for frying)
- Garnish- a couple of sliced sundried tomatoes
1. Heat the oil in a small pan and fry the garlic and oregano for 30 secs- 1 min
2. Add the chopped tomatoes and fry for a couple of minutes
3. Add the tomato paste, sundried tomatoes and 1/4 cup of water
4. Pour all the ingredients into a blender and blender until smooth
* The sauce should be quite thick but if you want to thin it just add more water until you have your desired consistency.