Happy Valentines Day Everyone….
We aren’t huge fans of v.day because we feel it adds quite a pressure and also can make people feel unnesscarily lonely. So instead of making v.day about being in a relationship we feel it should be about sharing the love…
We’ve come up with some fun ideas that you can do alone, with your besties or with your partner.
- On your own
Make tonight about you, give yourself some love and a bit of pampering…
- Book a treatment at home using one of the apps like Ruuby or Urban Massage.
- Light some candles and enjoy a long bath with some bath salts like Westlab. We recommend listening to a podcast while you’re in the bath.
- Make a yummy dinner or order a take away and pop on Netflix… the best thing about being on your own is you don’t have to compromise when it comes to what you watch… lie back and watch whatever you want.
- With your bestie
If you’re spending the evening with your bestie there’s a lot of fun things you can do….
- Head to a pilates, yoga or fitness class. We love Barrecore, Paola’s Bodybarre and Digme Fitness
- Go for cocktails somewhere local.
- Get the girls around and make mini pizza’s (gluten-free recipe from our cookbook Naturally Delicious Snacks & Treats) and watch a film together
- With your partner
We find it can be a bit much going out for dinner as a couple on v.day so we prefer to stay in or do something a bit more low key….
- Wrap up warm and go for a walk along the river (if you’re near one) or local park.
- Have ‘date night’ in… rather than dressing up and going out, dress up and stay in! Open a bottle, light some candles and make dinner together at home. (recipe ideas: Black Bean Tacos, Salmon Skewers with Lemony Rocket Pesto, Chocolate Dipped Strawberries with Basil Sugar)
- Get some yummy snacks like our Raw Bite Share Bags and watch a film together with a bottle of red.