Who doesn’t love cookies… especially when they have a nutritional twist. Our almond matcha cookies are also vegan and gluten-free.
Ingredients: (Makes about 12 cookies)
- 240g Ground Almonds
- 130ml Maple syrup
- 1 tsp Baking powder (gf)
- 1-2tbsp Matcha powder
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 tsp Almond extract
- 2tbsp Sunflower oil
- Pinch sea salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 180c
- In a mixing bowl add in the ground almonds, baking powder, matcha powder and salt and mix well.
- Add in the maple syrup, oil and both of the extracts to the dry ingredients and mix well until it all comes together to form a dough.
- Line some baking sheets with greaseproof paper and with wet hands roll the dough into balls of about 1 tbsp worth of dough per ball. Add them to the baking sheets and then flatten out with a wet bottom of a glass until they are around 1.5cm in thickness. The cookies don’t spread a lot so make sure they are they shape you want them before baking!
- Bake for between 7-10mins be careful to watch them as they do turn very quickly and you don’t want them to burn.
- Once cooked, allow to cool before serving. Store in an airtight container for freshness.