AVOCADO & EDAMAME BEAN PESTO PASTA
Delicious, creamy, good for you and so easy to make!
You can watch Gracie make this for Sophie on our IGTV channel HERE
– 1 x avocado.
– Juice of 1/2 a lemon.
– 1/2 cup of edamame beans.
– 2 tbsp olive oil.
– Large handful of fresh basil.
– 1x tbsp pine nuts.
– Salt and pepper.
– A pasta of your choice (enough for 2 people).
1. Get the pasta on the boil (check directions on the back of pack).
2. In a dry (no oil) frying pan lightly toast the pine nuts.
3. While the pasta is boiling make the pesto: pop all the remaining ingredients into a blender (avocado, lemon juice, edamame beans, olive oil, fresh basil, pine nuts and a generous pinch of salt and pepper). Blend until smooth.
4. Once the pasta is ready drain it then pop it back in the pan (with no water). Add the pesto mix and stir until all the pasta is nicely covered.
5. Serve between two in a nice dishes and garnish with more fresh basil and pine nuts.